Surplus campaign funds are contributions given for an election that remain after the election and are not needed to pay obligations from the election campaign.
In ISP, you’ll create not just a financial account but an entirely new committee and filer to handle surplus funds, too.
- Create a new Committee Record for the Surplus committee
- Under the Reports tab, go to Compliance and in the Related Pages menu at the bottom of the screen, select Manage Filers
- On the resulting screen, click Add Filer, then enter the name of your Surplus committee, then click Save
- Next, navigate to the Lists tab, then Financial Accounts
- At the bottom of the resulting screen click Add Financial Account
- Add the details for the Surplus financial account, ensuring the Filer field has the name of your Surplus committee, then click Save