Do I Need an Ein and How Do I Apply for One?

Applies To: Internal Revenue Service

Political organizations are not required to get an Employee Identification Number (EIN). However, if the organization is employing staff or in the 10DLC process for verified text messaging, you may need an EIN. 

For more information and how to apply for an EIN, you can visit the IRS site and apply for one online.