The Florida Testimonial Report shows transactions related to a testimonial. A testimonial is any breakfast, dinner, luncheon, rally, party, reception, or other affair held to honor or raise funds on behalf of any elected public officer, except a campaign fundraiser.
The data entry is as follows:
1. Ensure the Events tool is installed. If it is not showing in the Tools menu, select Add/Remove, scroll to Events, then click it to add it.
2. Add one (and only one) event. The Event fields will correspond to the cover page as follows:
- Date: Date testimonial is to be held
- Location: Place testimonial is to be held
- Sponsor Name: Name and address of person or persons in charge of the testimonial
- Address Line 1/City/State/Zip: Name and address of the person or persons in charge of the testimonial
- Type: Purpose for which the testimonial is to be held
- Description: Purpose for which the funds raised are to be used
3. Ensure a Candidate is linked in the Relationships section of the filer record. This information will pull the name and address of the officer in whose honor or on whose behalf the testimonial is to be held.
4. Ensure the Financial Account has your bank’s organization record associated with it. This is found in the Financial Account details under the Lists tab.
5. Ensure a Treasurer is linked to the filer record in the Relationships section. This information will pull the name and address of the Treasurer.
After the Event is set up, all transactions will be reported.