There are two different type of committees that file the Form 3: candidate committees and joint fundraising committees. To get the Form 3 to appear, follow the appropriate directions below for your committee type.
If this is for a candidate committee and you can’t see the Form 3 as an available report in the dropdown, there are some additional data entry steps you’ll need to take.
First, you’ll want to ensure your Committee and Candidate records are set up. Ensure the following options and data entry are in the Candidate and Committee records.
1. For your candidate’s record:
- Set Office Sought (or Office Held) to: US House of Representatives or US Senate
- Set Office Sought Jurisdiction to: Federal
2. For your committee’s record:
- Set the Committee Info Type: Candidate and Jurisdiction: Federal
PAC – Joint Fundraising Committees
A small subset of PACs file the Form 3. For these PACs:
1. Make sure your filing committee is set as a Political Action Committee in the organization record.
2. Go to the Reports menu and select Compliance. Then select Manage Filers from the Related Pages menu on the bottom.
3. On the Manage Filers page, choose Convert to PAC – Joint Fundraising Committee in the hotdog menu.