ISP has built in warnings to let you know when transactions that are added to the system manually are over the transaction limit.
If you manually add a transaction that goes over the contribution limit, the system will provide a text warning at the top of the page and also alert you with a sound. You will still be able to add the transaction but an alert will let you know the threshold has been crossed.
There are a few other important things to know when it comes to transaction limits in ISP:
- If there are transactions in the Pending Imports page that will go over the limit, you will receive a warning there that the threshold has been crossed.
- ISP has an AI option that will conduct imports for you. You can set AI to watch for transactions over the limit and send an email listing them. Furthermore, AI will not automatically import transactions in the Pending Imports page that are over the limit but instead will alert you.
- Due to the complexity of limits, a limit report is not available but we do have a recipe for conducting an exhaustive search for donors over the limit. That said, this would depend heavily on the reporting agency.
- To be sure your limits are set correctly, go to Reports, then to
Compliance. At the bottom of the page, click Related Pages and select
Manage Filers. Click on [See Details] to populate the filer limits
below. If the limits are incorrect, access your filer record to ensure the jurisdiction in your Committee and/or Candidate record is set
- For Super PACs: In general, these committee types are not subject to transaction limits. If you receive a warning about a transaction over the limit, check the Committee Type setting in the Committee record in your database. If it is anything other than Super PAC, update this to eliminate the transaction limit warning.
- For PAC – Joint Fundraising Committees: These committee types are generally not subject to transaction limits. If you receive a warning about a transaction over the limit, ensure your filing committee is set as a Political Action Committee in the organization record. Next, go to the Reports menu and select Compliance. Then select Manage Filers from the Related Pages menu at the bottom. On the Manage Filers page, choose Convert to PAC – Joint Fundraising Committee in the hotdog menu.