When creating a Reimbursement, one way to think about it simply for data entry purposes is it’s an expense transaction with Splits. An example where you’d use a Reimbursement is if someone, on behalf of a committee, spends money for office supplies at a store. The committee would need to reimburse this person. Here are the steps to create this transaction:
1. Navigate to the record of the individual you’re reimbursing (i.e. the person the committee is writing the check to)
2. In the Transactions section, click to add a transaction and select Expense as the Type
3. Add the details of the transaction in the appropriate fields
4. Just under the Tags dropdown, click the Specify Splits button
5. In the Entity field, enter the vendor or store where the money was spent, as well as the Amount and any other relevant details
If money was spent at multiple vendors by one individual, click Add Another to add another Split to the reimbursement. Otherwise, click the Add Transaction button to add the reimbursement to the system.