How Do I Report Contributions Made to Committees Without ID Numbers?

Applies To: California

If you’re filing in CA and a  contribution of $100 or more is made to a committee that does not have a FPPC ID number, you need to report the treasurer of that committee.

To do that, following the following steps:

  1. Navigate to the payee/committee record.
  2. Create a relationship for the committee’s treasurer of said committee by clicking the green triangle under the Relationship box.
  3. Enter the name of the Treasurer in the Affiliated field
  4. Select Treasurer in the Type field.

After that is complete, the treasurer info will pull to the report and meet the requirements.