How Do I Report a Transfer From a Joint Fundraising Committee (JFC) To Joint Fundraising Participants?

Applies To: Federal Election Commission – Political Action Committees (PACs)

When a Joint Fundraising Committee (JFC) transfers net proceeds to joint fundraising participants, it is reported as a Transfer to Affiliated Committees on Line 22 of the FEC Form 3X. If your JFC committee files a Form 3, it would be reported as a Transfer to Other Authorized Committee on Line 18.

In order for these transactions to pull to the appropriate line, you will need to do a few things:
1. All joint fundraising participant committee records in ISP must be linked to the JFC filer record as an Affiliated Committee relationship type.
2. Transfer disbursements to the joint fundraising participants must include the reporting code of 011—Political Contributions.