How Do I Prepare and Generate the FEC Form 1?
The Form 1, or Statement of Organization, is used to register a new campaign committee with the FEC. This must happen once the campaign exceeds the applicable contribution threshold.
When do I need to file a Form 1?
- Principal campaign committees must file this form no later than 10 days after the candidate files the FEC Form 2. Committees sponsored by corporations, labor organizations, or trade associations (i.e. separate segregated funds) must file this form no later than 10 days after their establishment.
- Local political party committees must file this form no later than 10 days after exceeding contributions or making expenses aggregating in excess of $5000 during a calendar year -OR- making contributions in connection with a federal election in excess of $1000.
- All other political committees must file this form no later than 10 days after receiving contributions or making contributions in connection with a federal election aggregating in excess of $1000 during a calendar year.
How do I generate a Form 1?
- Navigate to Reports, then to Compliance
- If you have multiple filers, select the Filer from the dropdown, then choose FEC Form 1 in Compliance Report
- If needed, you can specify if this report is an amendment for a change of address, change of email, change of name, or change of URL
- Fill in the date these changes are going into effect, along with selecting a Filer Description from the drop-down list
- Click the Generate button at the bottom of the page to generate your FEC Form 1
The report will contain important pieces of information regarding the committee, including Candidate, Treasurer, and Bank or Depository names.