How Do I Enter Returned Checks Due to Insufficient Funds?

The data entry for returned checks due to insufficient funds is not the typical refund creation process.

First, from within the same entity record, create a second contribution transaction with the same amount. The date should be the date the check was returned. Next, at the top of the transaction, be sure to click the Is Reversal box.

When you’re ready, click the Save button to save the transaction. If the original contribution was itemized, the reverse will also be itemized, just as a negative amount.