Creating an Independent Expenditure is similar to creating a typical Expense transaction, as well as using the tags in the Support/Oppose section.
1. Create an Expense transaction as you normally would through either the Register or from within the entity’s record
2. Towards the bottom of the transaction, click the Specify Support/Oppose box to display more fields
3. Complete the fields and in the Tag drop down, choose either IE to Support or IE to Oppose, depending on the transaction needs
There are specific data entry steps necessary in order to accomplish specific results on the compliance report for California Form 460 reporting.
- If you want the compliance report to check the Independent Expenditure and Support boxes, use the IE to Support tag.
- If you want the compliance report to check the Independent Expenditure and Oppose boxes, use the IE to Oppose tag.