If you need to make updates to transactions en masse, you can use the Bulk Update option. This option is available in the Financial Reports area using the Transactions Report. Once you have generated your report, click on the Actions button at the bottom of the page. Select Bulk Update from this button’s drop-up menu. On the Bulk Update Transactions page, click on the orange Update button. Make your selection from this button’s drop-up menu. In the Bulk Update window, make the needed change and click on the green Update button. If you are editing a recorded deposit, you’ll have the same options (i.e., once you have recorded your deposit, click on the Related Pages button at the bottom of the page).
Please note that changing transactions in bulk can have significant impacts on compliance reports. Use extreme caution with this tool and be sure these are the changes you want to make.
- Update Election: Select the Election from the drop-down list of active elections in your database to update the transactions to have the same election designation.
- Update Budget Category: Choose which Budget Category you want the transactions list to have.
- Update Transaction Method: Use this to change the method the transaction was made.
- Update Financial Account: If you need to move multiple transactions from one Financial Account to another in your database, use this option.
- Update Notes: In this window, you can select which note to update, whether it’s the Compliance Note, Check Note, or Internal Note. You also can update all the Note types at the same time.
- Update Date: To change the date in bulk for your transactions, use the Update Date option.
- Update Event: Add or Update multiple transactions with the Update Event option to include or edit Events tied to the transactions found in your report.
- Update Force Itemize: Update transactions so they itemize on Compliance reports regardless of amount.
Other bulk update options can be found at the bottom of the Bulk Updates screen.
- Remove Transaction Tags: If you have transactions with a Tag and would like to remove the tag, this option removes all Tags associated with the transactions in the list. Please note this option will not appear unless transactions exist in the database with Tags and fall within the report’s criteria.
- Delete Transactions: This allows you to delete the transactions showing in the financial report results.