The WA C3 is a transaction deposit based report for any monetary receipts that have been deposited into an account. These deposits are created in ISP under the Accounting tab. After a deposit is made, you will then see it in the Deposit Transaction dropdown on the WA C3 criteria screen.
While it is a report of a Deposit Batch, Washington does not support including any non-cash positive transactions on it. This will have an effect on, for example, a deposit batch with contributions, reversed contributions, and expenses (e.g. credit card fees). The C3 will only include the contributions and thus will be a different total amount than the deposit batch actually was.
Typically, the receipt date for donations is the date the contribution is deposited into the bank account. However, in Seattle races, the date reported is the date you are notified of the contribution.
In order to account for this, there are several report versions to choose from.
- Candidate: If the Method is Credit Card, the Date of the transaction will be the date of the deposit.
- Itemize All: If the Method is Credit Card, the Date of the transaction will be the date of the deposit.
- Out of State: If the Method is Credit Card, the Date of the transaction will be the date of the deposit.
- Seattle: If the Method is Credit Card, the Date of the transaction will be the transaction date.
- Seattle (Itemize All): If the Method is Credit Card, the Date of the transaction will be the transaction date.
- Seattle (Out of State): If the Method is Credit Card, the Date of the transaction will be the transaction date.
Section 1: Monetary Contributions Deposited In Account
This section will contain all the various cash impact transactions that were deposited. These are:
b. Candidate’s personal funds
c. Loans, notes, security agreements
d. Miscellaneous receipts (i.e. interest, refunds)
e. Receipts under $25
For line (e), the C3 report will also tell you how many people make up that total amount.
Section 2: Contributions Over $25.00
Any individual contributions over $25 found in the deposit for this report will itemize here. If the amount is over $250, the donor’s Employer information will appear. That means someone needs to donate $250.01 or more for their Employer information to populate.
If the donor’s contribution is over $100 and no Work address is in the donor’s record, a warning will appear and the address must be added for the report to be compliant.
Section 3: Total Funds Received and Deposited or Credited to Account
This section contains the sum of Sections 1 and 2. This amount will also be used for Line 1 on the C4 report.
Section 4: Date of Deposit
This section automatically populates based on the Date used for the deposit in the report.
Please be aware that refunds will not show up on the WA-C3. This goes for expenses, as well. If there is a refund or an expense that is in a deposit batch, it will be included on the WA-C4 but not the WA-C3. This is due to agency limits.