The FEC Form 3 Political Action Committee is a disclosure report of Receipts and Disbursements for PACs.
- The 012 Splits Independent of Whole version itemizes splits with reporting code 012 on line 21 regardless of the whole parent reporting code.
- The 012 Splits with Whole version itemizes splits on line 21 if the whole transaction has reporting code 012.
Neither version is the right or wrong one, as this is a stylistic choice. The FEC has no preferred method.
- Date Range: Please ensure that your date range lines up with standard FEC reporting dates or dates that are specific to your report. Such as the Pre-Primary, Post-General, etc.
- Current Election: This dropdown contains all the elections set up for your campaign’s database.
- Amended: For filing amendments only, you will need to click this box, and additional fields will appear on which report is being amended. Only reports filed with ISP will show up; if you are amending a report filed outside ISP, you will need the original report number and start your amendment numbers going in order starting at 1.
- Report Period: Available report periods will appear in the dropdown.
- Previously Unitemized Individual Donations: This number needs to be correct or could cause calculation errors. You can click the Get From FEC to retrieve this information.
- All Caps: This will generate your entire report in all caps.
- Sort Order: Use this dropdown for a variety of ways in which you can have your report sorted by splits and wholes alphabetically, date, or at random.
If your previously filed report was a Post-General or Year End with Column C, use the amount found in Col C here instead. The Year End with Column C report period is used by filers that ran in the primary but did not move forward with the general election. This reporting period will get Column C to reset the election cycle totals.