The CT Form 20 Report Form is used to Itemize Campaign Finance Disclosure Statement for Municipal Candidates, Political Committees, and Party Committees.
Below is a line by line list for the Connecticut Itemized Campaign Finance Disclosure Statement (SEEC Form 20). With accurate data entry, ISP will automatically complete your report. This help file can be used if you have particular questions about why information isn’t appearing or if a transaction is or is not appearing on a specific line.
Committee Information: Committee information comes from the organization record set as your filer committee. Candidate and Treasurer information comes from the individuals linked to that filer committee via Relationships.
Type of Report: Type of Report is determined by the selection chosen on the report generation criteria screen in ISP. The system will automatically check the box on the report based on what you chose in the drop down menu.
Line Breakdown, Summary Page
Line 11: Balance on hand, January 1 of current year for ongoing and party committees OR Balance on hand from day committee was formed for all other committees
Line 12: Balance on hand at the beginning of Reporting Period
Line 13: Contributions Received from Individuals (Sections A and B)
- Section A, Total Contributions from Small Contributors: Unitemized Monetary Contributions from Individuals/Sole Proprietors (Sole Proprietors are considered individuals in CT)
- Section B, Itemized Contributions from Individuals: Itemized Monetary Contributions from Individuals/Sole Proprietors. Use tags to indicate if a contributor is a lobbyist, a state contractor, or has a municipal contract.
Line 14: Receipts from Other Committees (Sections C1 and C2)
- Section C1, Contributions from Other Committees: Pulls all Monetary Contributions from any organizations, excepting Sole Proprietors
- Section C2, Reimbursements or Surplus Distributions from Other Committees: Pulls Refunded Expenses from Political Committees
Line 15: Other Monetary Receipts (Sections D through K)
- Section D, Loans Received this Period: Pulls Loans Received
- Section E-G: Not required for candidates so not currently supported
- Section H, personal funds of the candidate received: Pulls Monetary Contributions from the Candidate
- Section J, interest from deposits in authorized accounts: Pulls Other Income with tag Interest
- Section J4, Event is set with Is Residence box checked, Transaction is associated with the Event, Transaction Tag: Event Host
- Section K, Miscellaneous monetary receipts not considered contributions: Pulls reversed expenses, refunded expenses from entities that aren’t Political Committees, Loan Made Repayments, Enforceable Pledge Payments, and Other Income without tags/associated events
Line 16a: Total Proceeds from Small Purchases (Section L1 Subpart 1 + Subpart 3)
- Section L1, Event Information: Only pulls event information for Events with at least one transaction associated with the event
- Section L1 Subpart 1, Auction Item purchases total: The total is pulled from total of Other Income without tags associated with the event
Line 16b: Per Public Act 11-48, effective January 1, 2012 Section L2 removed
Line 16c: Total Purchases of Advertising – Program Book or Sign (Section L3)
- Section L3, purchases of advertising in a program book or on a sign: Pulls Other Income that is associated with an event and has tags Event Program Ad Purchases or Event Sign Ad Purchase
Line 17: Total Monetary Receipts (add totals for Lines 13 through 16c)
Line 18: Subtotals (add totals in Line 12 + 17 in Column A; and in Line 11 + 17 in Column B)
Line 19: Expenses Paid by Committee (Section P)
- Section P, Expenses paid by committee: Pulls reversed Monetary Contribution, reversed Other Income, Expense, Loan Received Repayment, Loan Made Repayments, Refunded Contribution, and Accrued Expense Payment
- Section P Addendum: Pulls S/O Memos that are dependent of an Expense, as long as they are to an Individual/Political Committee and the original is not to the Candidate/Financial Institution. The original expense should be tagged Coordinated-Reimbursement, Coordinated-No Reimbursement, or Independent Expenditure. If S/O Memos are dependent of an Accrued Expense that is incurred and completely paid off in same period, then they are also pulled here if they have the same tags.
Line 20: Balance on hand at close of Reporting Period (Subtract Line 19 from Line 18 in both columns)
Line 21: In-Kind Donations not Considered Contributions Received (Section L4)
- Section L4, Inkind donations not considered contributions: Pulls Inkind Contributions associated with an event that are not pulled to Section L5
Line 22: In-Kind Donations not Considered Contributions – House Party (Section L5)
- Section L5, Inkind donations not considered contributions associated with a house party: Pulls Inkind contributions from individuals if they are associated with a residence event and has the tag Event Host
Line 23: In-Kind Contributions Received (Section M)
- Section M, Inkind contributions: Pulls Inkind contributions not associated with an event
Line 24: Refundable Deposit to Telephone Company (Section N)
Line 25: Loan Balance
Line 25a + Loans Received (Section D)
Line 25b + Interest and Penalties on Loan
Line 25c – Payments on Loan
Line 25d Total Outstanding Loan Amount
Line 26: Campaign Expenses Paid by Candidate (Section Q)
- Section Q, campaign expenses paid by candidate: Pulls splits of Expense/Inkind/Accrued Expense to the candidate. To mark reimbursement as claimed, use Expense/Accrued Expense. Otherwise use Inkind.
Line 27: Expenses Incurred on Committee Credit (Section R)
- Section R. expenses incurred on committee credit card: Pulls splits of Expense/Accrued Expense to financial institution/credit card issuers
Line 28: Expenses Incurred by Committee During this Period but Not Paid (Section S)
- Section S, expenses incurred by committee but not paid during this period: Pulls Accrued Expenses incurred in period that have an outstanding balance at the end of the period
- Section S Addendum: Pulls S/O Memos that are dependent of an Accrued Expense with an outstanding balance that was incurred in the reporting period, as long as they are to an Individual/Political Committee and the original is not to the Candidate/Financial Institution. The original accrued expense should be tagged Coordinated-Reimbursement, Coordinated-No Reimbursement, or Independent Expenditure.
Line 28a: Total Outstanding Expenses Incurred by Committee still Unpaid (Section S)
The following information does not correspond to any specific line on the Summary Page.
Section T, Itemization of Reimbursements and Secondary Payees: Pulls splits of Expenses/Accrued Expenses if:
- the whole entity has a relationship of Committee Staff to the filer
- if the the whole transaction uses the reporting code CNSLT